The timeline for the Maine Aqua Ventus I project is still under development. As the timeline changes, updates will be shared on Monhegan Energy Info.
Phase 1: Design, Engineering, and Pre-permitting (April 2013- May 2014)
- Maine Aqua Ventus completes baseline information collection and 50% Design/Engineering/ Pre-permitting phase
- January 2014 – MPUC approves term sheet
- February 2014 – Phase 2 Department of Energy proposal submitted
- May 2014 – US DOE grant award decision
- May 2014 – Updated detailed project schedule/timeline/milestones.
Phase 2: 100% Design, Engineering and Permitting (May 2014-May 2015)
Phase 3: Construction and Installation (June 2015-Sept 2017)
- Anchors, electric infrastructure, monitoring systems, floating turbines installed
Phase 4: Operation and monitoring (2017-2037)